The Southbury Child

The Southbury Child
1 July to 27 August 2022 at the Bridge Theatre

Thursday, August 22, 2019

12 Days of ... Day 12: The Light in the Piazza


Today is the first performance of "Hansard", and the final one in this series of 12 posts looking back on Alex's stage career. I haven't seen all the plays he has performed it, I included the ones I have seen myself. So no Hamlet, no Peer Gynt, no Collaborators and no Speer. I'm sorry to have missed all these, but I'm looking forward to seeing "Hansard".

After a few years of concentrating on screen work Alex returned for a full-length stage production at the Royal Festival Hall in June. He played the part of Signor Naccarelli in "The Light in the Piazza", a musical by Craig Lucas and Adam Guettel. The role involved singing with opera star Renée Fleming, and playing a suave, Italian dad. The production only ran for 20 performances in the Royal Festival Hall, but it might tour later.






More details and pictures at the AJ Diaries.

3 comments:

jolande said...

I accidentally deleted this comment from ML, sorry!

"Gosh...didn't realise you were doing the 12 days...how wonderful!"

cutcopy said...

Alex has/had been announced for the Sydney leg in August 2020 alongside Renee Fleming at the Sydney Opera House. V excited!!

Natasha said...

You're lucky to have met him.