The Southbury Child

The Southbury Child
1 July to 27 August 2022 at the Bridge Theatre

Saturday, August 04, 2018

Culture Fix

Alex talks about his cultural life in The Times. You can only read if you register but it's an interesting read. His favourite books, films, productions, music. I'm particularly pleased he picked "Nicholas Nickleby" as his favourite play, I've always loved that and loved Roger Rees in that. For the Cabin Pressure fans there is "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" apparently a big influence on Alex's acting...

I also liked this one:

"The play that I walked out of at the interval
One I was in. It was Present Laughter at the National and it was before the interval. The safety curtain got stuck, so we never really got going. Everyone went home and the theatre was shut for something like three days."

He can't have been very lucky with this production, when I met him after a performance he had hurt his foot on stage and had to be hurried off..

No comments: