The Southbury Child

The Southbury Child
1 July to 27 August 2022 at the Bridge Theatre

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Higgins Interview

Alex talks to Jo Litson about his upcoming appearance at the Sydney Opera House at Scene and Heard.

He is looking forward to this time down under:
“And I’ve never been to Australia before so it’s a big treat,” he adds, saying that his wife, landscape gardener Lesley Moors, will come with him while their two children, now in their 20s, and his “dear, old Dad” will also visit."

Not too sure I agree with all his opinions:

"Now 59, Jennings thinks there will be differences in his portrayal to when he last played the role.

“Since I last did it my singing has grown. When I was doing Willie Wonka I worked with a brilliant singing teacher called Mary King and she has given me confidence and brought on my singing,” he says.

“And I’m older – though I’m not as old as Rex Harrison was when he finished doing it. But there is going to be a bigger age difference between me and Eliza than there was when I last did it so any sense of romance would perhaps be less appropriate.”

Thanks to Uli!

No comments: